Monday, September 8, 2014

Inspiration

Hello All!


Someone asked me what my inspiration was for writing a children's book, and for writing Max and Bear specifically.

I have talked periodically on this blog, about how I believe a really good parent helps their kids find their way, and then supports around that. One thing I think about, a lot, is that being an effective parent is also modeling behavior that demonstrates how to put your "money where your mouth is."

When you have kids, at first you are clueless as to what to do.  I remember bringing Anne home from the hospital and it took Bill and I most of that first night to realize we should not change her on our bed, unless we put a towel down first!  All of parenting is like that.... you figure out what works through trial and error and intelligent thinking! At least eventually.

I have watched my now adult children become who they are, and have championed their right and desire to find the path that works best for them in their lives.  Each of our children got to hear the message from us, that they should listen to their hearts, and their heads and follow the path that inspired and excited them.  That guidance led to each of them finding satisfaction in what they now do.  Of course we all know that no one is completely happy every day with what they do, but if you can say you love what you do most of the time, you are blessed!

So, I figured everyone was off doing what worked for them, and now it was and is my turn!

In the whole process of evolving and demonstrating how not to be a F*@ked adult, it is important as I said previously, to put your money where your mouth is and evolve too!

To that end, I have been thinking about, and dreaming about writing my own children's book.  I have been working on this for about 5 years, and in that time continued to try and find the right words and story.

Last fall I had the opportunity to accompany Anne and her little son Max, who is the inspiration for this book, on a trip to Europe!  What a time that was and what an amazing experience...

During our trip, I watched Max and his little Angel dear blankie Bear. Max always looked to Bear for comfort and security while he was falling asleep, and when we were out traveling.  Of course Max looked to his Mommy first, yet Bear was always right there.

I observed how Max seemed to actually have his own language with Bear,  and I delighted in the comfort I saw this stuffed lovey give Max! From all of this I had an "AH-HA" moment and, as the saying goes, "The rest is history"!

So, why not go out each day and evolve and grow!  Demonstrate that doing what you love is valuable, important, and a goal to constantly seek, not just for the children we love and support, but for ourselves as well!

Until next time,

Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment