Friday, August 16, 2013

Going out there....

Hello!


As  I sit here Friday morning, I am thinking about a conversation I have been having with a friend of mine. It is about how we woman define ourselves.  I bet men get caught up in this too, yet I am sure they do not talk about it as much. It must go along with that Men are from Mars and woman are from Venus thing....

So here goes....

I think woman and men should define themselves with integrity, intelligence, bravery and curiosity. And, if we have children, I think our primary job should be to figure out how to be real and evolving and a role model.  A role model that is not afraid to show our kids all the parts of life that are out there, the good, the hard and the sad, and how to deal with, manage and change as needed.  Because if we do that, we will give our kids a pretty good road map to help guide them along the way, kind of like parent GPS.

 "How to Be" is the name of a great children's book by Lisa Brown.   You should get a copy even if you don't have small children.  It could be the life guide for everyone.  I especially like the short chapter on "How to be a Person" here it is:

"Be brave, curious, patient, charming, creative, and friendly...Be yourself."

I would also add, dare greatly....

Now, if we could all actually do that and model that for our kids it could be great.  I am continually working on it!


Until next time...

Just Be....Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment