Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gifts

Hello!

I am writing today after a long holiday. I am also writing today as my father-in-law is quite ill. It is to this that I want to talk about the gift of parenting.

My father-in-law is not a perfect man or a perfect father. He is a good and principled man who has always tried to be the best father he could be to his children. I have known him a long time and know that he has struggled along the way, as all human beings do. He had his failings, all of us do.

We do not have to be perfect people to be good parents. Being a good parent requires one thing. It requires that we love our children and try always to do our best for them. That is the gift that this man gave all of us who are lucky enough to know him.

Until next time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment